Avondale is home to about 75,000 residents and a vibrant city located in the beautiful west valley of metro Phoenix. Situated to the north of the Estrella Mountain Preserve, and tucked between Tolleson, Litchfield Park, and Goodyear, the city of Avondale is a great place to visit! There’s lots to do for all ages, from racing events at Phoenix International Raceway, to beautiful lakes and parks like the Avondale Friendship Park.
Avondale is a growing city, with a population growth estimate of over 125,000 people by 2020. Avondale has great schools, new infrastructure, and is a wonderful place to raise a family.
Here’s our list of excellent things to do in and near Avondale, AZ:
- Enjoy a race at the Phoenix International Raceway
- Race a stock car with the Rusty Wallace Racing Experience
- Ride in or drive a NASCAR race car with the Richard Petty Driving Experience
- Spend a relaxing time at the Coldwater Golf Club
- Take your kids to the Jubeelieve Indoor Playground
- Go hiking at Estrella Mountain Regional Park
- Visit Avondale Friendship Park
- Play sports indoors at the American Sports Centers
- Work at the Gangplank Avondale collaborative workspace (free!)
- Hit some golf balls at Valley Golf Center
- Go bowling, or play billiards at Brunswick Bowling Alley
- Have coffee and crepes at Colados Coffee
- Visit the Pita Kitchen
- Go horseback riding with Corral West Horse Adventures, just outside of Avondale
- Golf at the Coldwater Golf Club
- Main Event has a new location in Avondale
Great Restaurants in Avondale:
- Colados Coffee & Crepes
- Don Pancho Mexican Food
- India Garden
- Pita Kitchen
- Flavors of Louisiana
- In-N-Out Burger
The best things to do in Avondale, AZ
Avondale is often described as a bright, vibrant, and young city. But, is that really true? I believe the answer is a resounding yes! Here in Avondale, most of the infrastructure and buildings are fairly new. This means the city can keep costs for maintenance down significantly, but it also means that your tax dollars go further.
Avondale is a young city, with a diverse population. We’re a family town, with lots of young families with children. Because of this, we have a lot of excellent parks and recreation options for families.
Also, we’re a hard working town! There are lots of employers here in Avondale who have expanded because of the excellent people that live here. There are hundreds of large franchises in Avondale, as well as hundreds of small businesses.
From a dining point of view, Avondale has so many terrific food options. One that comes to mind is Kreative Kupcakes in Avondale. A small bakery that employes lots of Avondale residents.
If you’re thinking about moving to Avondale, there are lots of reasons to do so! Primary among them is our low cost of living compared to central Phoenix. Avondale offers some of the best cost per square footage for businesses and housing in the area. In addition, you can commute from Avondale to central Phoenix in just 20 minutes.
Avondale is located on the western edge of metro-Phoenix and is a city of about 75,000 people. The city is expected to grow to over 120,000 before the next census. Job opportunities, growing families, and available housing will contribute to the city’s growth.
Avondale has friendly neighbors, too! Litchfield Park, to the north, is a similar growing city with lots of business and job opportunities. Just to the east of Avondale are Glendale and Higley, two other big and thriving cities.
The I-10 freeway is the big connector and goes straight through Avondale. Every day thousands of cars drive through Avondale, and many stop in at shops, gas stations, or restaurants. In addition, the I-10 is a major commuting method for Avondale residents who work in Phoenix.